The project team for the Integrated Ayeyarwady Delta Strategy Project (IADS) is looking for a student to do an internship on the project in Myanmar.
Period: End of April 2017 – Early August 2017 in Myanmar. Few weeks of preparation before and reporting after in the Netherlands
- Support in data management for the development of the Delta Atlas (Current state report of the Delta with physical, hydrological, natural system, economic, infrastructure, land-use and governance data and maps)
- Support in the formulation and development of maps for the Delta Atlas
- Support and cooperation with Myanmar officials, for example first steps in use of GIS, understanding relevance of certain data for strategy development etc.
- Contribute to trend analysis
- Identification of potential measures (flood protection, soft measures, etc.)
- Our Dutch Project Coordinator and a Dutch young expert are based in Yangon
- Our Myanmar Deputy Team Leader and some of their experts are also based in Yangon
- International/Dutch senior experts will be in Myanmar during missions (May/June)
- Close cooperation with Myanmar officials and Myanmar students is expected
- Internship as part of a MSc in Civil Engineering, water management, environmental sciences, etc.
- Experience with GIS
- Good English writing and speaking skills
An internship allowance will be available of 1000 euro a month for living expenses during the stay in Myanmar. Ticket need to be arranged by the candidate self e.g. from other funds such as Lamminga.
Send an application with a motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and no later than March 15th 2017.