To start your career in international construction, join our: International Internship in Logistics/ Pre Construction.
An international internship is the ideal opportunity to come into contact with foreign cultures and to gain professional experience on a large construction project. You will meet and work with people from widely varying backgrounds in an international, dynamic environment. Internships have a minimum duration of five months.
The candidate will be involved with all cargo preparations and coordination for one of our projects in Antarctica. The candidate will be dealing with the cargo requirements for BAM, subcontractors and suppliers, operating from various hubs within the UK. A key feature of this process will be to comply with the biosecurity and environmental regulations applicable to the project’s location. Following yard preparations the cargo is moved to the port, where it will be loaded onto cargo vessels operated by BAM or the employer.
- Coordination and registration of all cargo;
- Implement and adhere to biosecurity regulations;
- Coordinate with the supply chain for cargo movements;
- Coordinate with the selected freight forwarder for road, sea and air transports to hubs and project location;
- Cargo management within the port at time of loading the cargo vessels.
As an International Intern you also have the following qualities and qualifications:
- You are currently completing your degree in Logistics/ Civil Engineering (or related) at BSc. or MSc. level at an EU institution;
- Interest in marine and civil works;
- Interested in working in an international environment;
- Flexibility to deal with changing circumstances;
- Hands-on mentality and an independent mindset;
- Fluency in English (spoken and written);
- Driver’s licence (at least EU category B);
- Available from September/October 2019 for a period of minimum 5 months.
What do we offer?
Working for BAM International means a challenging working environment where individual contributions mean a lot. BAM International has an open company culture and short lines of command. For interns BAM International provides visa, flight tickets, medical examination, accommodation, food and local transport. In addition, you receive a placement fee.
BAM International is an operating company of Royal BAM Group in the Netherlands and represents the construction activities of the Group outside Europe. We work on construction projects in the fields of marine & civil engineering, general building, infrastructure and industrial works and we are involved in multidisciplinary projects for the oil and gas industry.
BAM International’s head office is based in The Hague, the Netherlands. We have regional offices on all continents and currently employ over 4000 people worldwide. The BAM International team is known for its dedication in bringing value to clients’ projects. We offer our employees a challenging and safe working environment with excellent opportunities for personal development.